1. Thanks for visiting VWAmarokForum.net; the international forum for the Amarok Owners Club and all Amarok owners. We've noticed you are not logged in, perhaps take a minute to register for free, or login if you already have an account. wink

2. Advertise with the VW Amarok Forum for as little as £50 GBP ($65 USD / $82 AUD) PER YEAR. 3,000+ Registered Amarok Owners, and hundreds of thousands of monthly visitors. 22,700+ Facebook page users. View where our users originate from HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Please quickly help us find out where most of our readers come from. Vote on this poll. If your location isn't listed, please add it. CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Dismiss Notice

Register or login to remove the above ad

Wing mirror bracket replacement

Discussion in 'DIY & How-to Guides' started by Darbio, Aug 21, 2017.

Discuss Wing mirror bracket replacement in the DIY & How-to Guides area at VWAmarokForum.net

1. Darbio

Darbio New Member

Australia

Attached Files:

2. Paul Henton PJH HGV Ltd

Paul Henton PJH HGV Ltd Well-Known Member

United Kingdom
    That will be the bit that had have way .not fitted one medelf but there a discussion on here somewhere. Apparently there easy too fit

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. Paul Henton PJH HGV Ltd

United Kingdom
    Pre spelling i hate it lol

4. Darbio

Darbio New Member

Australia
    Great. Cheers - I had a search but I'll have another go!

5. Mark dix

Mark dix New Member

Australia
    Just replaced one, you need to remove the door trim just to disconnect the cable and the triangle trim in the corner to access the screws to release the mirror, removing the door trim needs a bit of effort but the clips do release, before you do anything go and buy a dozen replacement clips from VW about 2 bucks ea. Because you will break some, there is a clip at the bottom that needs removing also. A new mirror is around $700, I got a second hand one $400 on gumtree, good luck, here to help

6. Paul Henton PJH HGV Ltd

United Kingdom
    The metal bit that breaks is only around a £5 on ebay

7. Mark dix

Mark dix New Member

Australia
    £5 bugger !

8. Darbio

Darbio New Member

Australia
    Cheers guys. I bought the metal bit - $40 here in Australia on ebay. Was easy to install. Took about an hour and some effing and blinding! Hardest part was getting the back off the mirror without damaging it - the clips are very brittle! Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mark dix

Mark dix New Member

Australia
    Hi there, yeah I've ordered a new piece to repair the broken one, guess I'll keep it for a spare.

• Like Like x 1

The above are discussion posts about 'Wing mirror bracket replacement'. You're welcome to reply to them if the thread is open.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. replacing VW t5 wing mirror bracket

2. HGV Windscreens