1. Thanks for visiting VWAmarokForum.net; the international forum for the Amarok Owners Club and all Amarok owners. We've noticed you are not logged in, perhaps take a minute to register for free, or login if you already have an account. wink

2. Advertise with the VW Amarok Forum for as little as £50 GBP ($65 USD / $82 AUD) PER YEAR. 3,000+ Registered Amarok Owners, and hundreds of thousands of monthly visitors. 22,700+ Facebook page users. View where our users originate from HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Please quickly help us find out where most of our readers come from. Vote on this poll. If your location isn't listed, please add it. CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Dismiss Notice

Register or login to remove the above ad

Wheels: Manaus 18" vs Milford 19"???

Discussion in 'Choosing Your VW Amarok' started by Luís Caetano, Oct 2, 2017.

Discuss Wheels: Manaus 18" vs Milford 19"??? in the Choosing Your VW Amarok area at VWAmarokForum.net

1. Luís Caetano

Luís Caetano Top Contributor

Portugal
    Hello all!

I want to order my new Amarok V6 Highline Plus and I am not sure about wheels to choose.
    It comes with standard Manaus 18" and VW want like 500€ for the Milford.

I love the look with Milford 19", but hate the idea of having a 19" in a pick up truck!
    And I think there are not AT tires for 19" wheels.

What are your experiences?
    upload_2017-10-2_11-47-18.png
    upload_2017-10-2_11-46-33.png

2. Frederick Rosseel

Frederick Rosseel Amarok OC Member Top Contributor

Belgium
    19” at tyres you have general grabber
    18” you got bf goodrich..
    Ive got the milford 19” now with standards.
    I order some general grabber at3 255/55/19

3. Luís Caetano

Portugal
    Thanks!
    I think I am going to the Milford 19". They are much more beautiful!
    Are the tires much more expensive in this size?

4. Fred Crook

Fred Crook New Member

United Kingdom
    I wanted 22" with low profile General Grabbers. Came from Overfinch Range Rover. Almost match Indium Grey. They look great and the ride's not been affected Amarok3.jpg

5. Cynic-al

Cynic-al Amarok OC Member Top Contributor

United Kingdom
    I have the 18" manus. I wanted the 19" cantera? As I like the look rather than the size but for some reason the vw computer wouldn't let me order them with a full size spare so I ended up sticking with the 18" manus.

I find them very annoying as they have small corners that you can't get the brake dust out of with a normal sponge. You have to use something like a tooth brush. I don't like cleaning cars at the best of times so mine always have black lines in them where I didn't clean them.

Go for the 19" but just check up on the spare wheel. I was told if I went for the 19" wheels I could only have a space saver spare which is no use to me, however others have since told me it's not a space saver it's a full size tyre just on a steel rim which would've been fine. So check!

6. Brian

Brian New Member

United Kingdom
    That's a really good match, a good find !

7. Luís Caetano

Portugal
    Thanks!;)
    In my order I have the option of a spare tire in alloy like the others for 100€ instead of a steel.

8. Fred Crook

Fred Crook New Member

United Kingdom
    I'm not sure if this allowed on the forum, but I have 4 slightly used 19" Cantera wheels and tyres, which have done less than 1200 miles. They came off my Amarok. Maybe you can PM me if you're interested.

9. Georg

Georg Top Contributor

Greece
    Did you use your forum name with the configurator? ☺
    Maybe try a wheel cleaner. No rubbing/brushing etc. Just spray on-rinse off. Tiniest crevice gets cleaned up.

10. Georg

Georg Top Contributor

Greece
    Luís, this might be a market thing, but maybe double check. I believe you pay a little extra for an alloy wheel if you order the car with the standard alloys. If you pay for more expensive wheels the price includes an alloy spare.

The above are discussion posts about 'Wheels: Manaus 18" vs Milford 19"???'. You're welcome to reply to them if the thread is open.