1. Thanks for visiting VWAmarokForum.net; the international forum for the Amarok Owners Club and all Amarok owners. We've noticed you are not logged in, perhaps take a minute to register for free, or login if you already have an account. wink

2. Please quickly help us find out where most of our readers come from. Vote on this poll. If your location isn't listed, please add it. CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Dismiss Notice

Register or login to remove the above ad
  1. orion

orion Staff Member Amarok OC Member

Biggest thing I had replaced on my previous MY11 Highline under 'warranty' was the whole vehicle. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. mhill

mhill Amarok OC Member

Had the rear drums, break fluid and the vacuum pump replaced after 4 attempts at adjusting the rear drums having covered 5k and a rather iffy and temperamental breaking system.

3. J@mes

[email protected] Amarok OC Member Top Contributor

United Kingdom
    Hmm, I might see what they say about that at my dealer, this is the third time I've been in with dragging brakes.

Did it cure the issue?

4. mhill

mhill Amarok OC Member

All seems to be ok now. The only issue I've had with the rears dragging and over heating was due to over adjustment, the min issue was excessive pedal trial and what can only be described as break fade / overheating on the second push on the pedal when breaking .i.e. slowing for roundabout decide to go but then car in front does not and you break hard, though not quite full on emergency stop and nothing happens with the break pedal going almost to the floor.

Rather scary, and nearly as scary as the service for the dealer in Chelmsford, service receptionist who seem unable to make phone calls as a starter.

5. J@mes

United Kingdom
    Well I still have a noise from the rear which sounds like the brakes, could it be a door seal or something? speed relating whistling noise!

Also I still have my squeek, appears to be coming from my leaf springs....noise is awful!

Didn't sort the clutch either, couldnt replicate the fault but have told me to come back straight away as soon as I hear it - which to be fair, I haven't since they had it in!

6. J@mes

United Kingdom
    Clutch, DMF, Release bearing, propshaft.

Hopefully going to cure my rattles and noises!

7. J@mes

United Kingdom
    Both rear springs!

8. bluearsedfly

bluearsedfly Amarok OC Member

United Kingdom
    I'm in the rear handbrake cables club, offside rear smelt like it was on fire after a trip to site.

Also had the electric coolant pump replaced too. 32k miles.

9. Thomas Simpson

Thomas Simpson New Member

Rear left wheel arch needed re spraying as the paint was peeling off.

10. Rob Hambly

Rob Hambly Active Member

20151017_133430.jpg 20151017_133418.jpg
    Had a terible squeeking noise coming from the rear wheels / axels through the summer . Really noticed it on hot dry days thought I had to do something about it when people where looking at me funny when I was going through villages .I Took it to my local vw garage in Crawley . They gave me the keys to a caddy and off I went . Three days later they called me to say they had finished the works and that they had replaced the rear u bolts . And touch wood this has worked perfectly since . I have also had front passenger door handle replaced and new central locking loom replaced . Can't fault the service I received from vw they were excellent . Plus they do a new warranty on their work and parts that they fit two year warranty on both . Very good I think .

11. Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky Top Contributor

United Kingdom
    It may seem that after 2015 ( the last entry ) all Rok's didn't need any Warranty work. So just to re-kindle the topic my 63 plate had the heater motor , the flywheel bolts after an engine oil leak, rear gearbox oil seal found seeping and the EGR cooler which developed a leak replaced under Warranty. Now I'm out of warranty the passenger door lock fails to operate. As I'm a newbie to the forum having just purchased my Rok second hand I think it will be on the list when I visit BVR in the coming weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Niven

Niven New Member

Hi guys im a new member...i habe a 2012 amarok and mine went in for a gear box change at 130 000kms.

13. Tricky Dicky

United Kingdom
    Hi Niven
    Welcome on board, hope all is sorted now. Just for the record was it manual or auto you have.

14. Niven

Niven New Member

Thanks bud..it is manual.

15. JustinNQ

JustinNQ New Member

rear diff lock sensor
    egr cooler
    engine head
    fuel lines

16. Tricky Dicky

United Kingdom
    My N/S handbrake cable is suspect, I am keeping an eye on it.

17. Hobbz

Hobbz Member

On my 5 month old V6 Amarok -
    Parking sensors
    Centre consoled
    Steering Wheel
    Bracket behind air filter