1. Thanks for visiting VWAmarokForum.net; the international forum for the Amarok Owners Club and all Amarok owners. We've noticed you are not logged in, perhaps take a minute to register for free, or login if you already have an account. wink

2. Advertise with the VW Amarok Forum for as little as £50 GBP ($65 USD / $82 AUD) PER YEAR. 3,000+ Registered Amarok Owners, and hundreds of thousands of monthly visitors. 22,700+ Facebook page users. View where our users originate from HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Please quickly help us find out where most of our readers come from. Vote on this poll. If your location isn't listed, please add it. CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Dismiss Notice

Register or login to remove the above ad

Volkswagen Amarok Kenwood DNX525DAB Radio Entertainment System - Features and Installation

Discussion in 'Audio, Visual and Entertainment' started by Dan, Jul 20, 2017.

Discuss Volkswagen Amarok Kenwood DNX525DAB Radio Entertainment System - Features and Installation in the Audio, Visual and Entertainment area at VWAmarokForum.net

1. Dan

Dan Forum Teaboy Staff Member Amarok OC Member Top Contributor

United Kingdom
    DNX516DABS.jpg

The Volkswagen Amarok Kenwood DNX525DAB Radio Entertainment System - Features and Installation

Key Features
    - 7" High resolution touch control display
    - Garmin European navigation
    - Built-in TMC (traffic avoidance)
    - Fastest, shortest, least fuel route choice
    - Lane assist and photo real junction view
    - Built-in Bluetooth hands-free calling (HFP)*
    - Bluetooth Music streaming (A2DP/AVRCP)*
    - Smartphone voice calling recognition control
    - DAB/DAB+ tuner built-in
    - FM/LW/MW radio receiver

- iPod/iPhone audio/video playback and charging**
    - iPod/iPhone YouTube control app mode
    - HDMI iPhone/iPod mirroring on screen***
    - MHL Android smartphones mirroring on screen***
    - Micro SD-card playback
    - USB device playback
    - CD/DVD/MP3/WMA/AAC playback
    - 3 bands G-EQ
    - Climate control and parking sensor display****
    - Works with multifunction wheel

The VW multimedia system comes complete with full fitting kit and steering wheel control interface from your local Volkswagen retailers.

here for details of how and what you need to do.

NB: These instructions suggest the use of third party software and database. Kenwood Electronics UK Ltd does not support, or accept liability for, this software.

This database is provided by Pocket GPS World which requires a yearly subscription fee and updates are available approximately every month.

In some countries the use of safety camera’s are prohibited please check the legality of using any safety camera database in each country beforehand.

[paste:font size="5"]Lane Assist[​IMG]

This feature guides you to the correct lane for navigation, avoiding confusion on the motorway and multi-lane junctions.

PhotoRealTM Junction View[​IMG]
    Split screen junction view with photo real quality (where available), so that the driver can see "Route & Junction View" at the same time for additional assistance.

Bluetooth Hands-free Calling
    Equipped with built-in Bluetooth capability to enable hands-free mobile phone operation so you can keep your hands on the steering wheel where they belong and concentrate on the road ahead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Your phonebook list is displayed for selection and previous call logs can also be used. Whilst on the move you can select one of the preset telephone numbers for quick dial or use the phonebook feature. Incoming caller number or name is also displayed before you allow connection or set the unit to automatically connect after a few rings.

- Voice dialing using the smartphones feature

- Bluetooth music streaming

- Automatic incoming call answering function

- Making calls from phonebook.

- Making calls from incoming/outgoing call history

- Direct dial function / Private talk function

- Call interrupt indication

- Remaining battery indication

- Phone registration (Up to 5 phones)

- Phone selection / Phonebook download from phone

- Audio control from remote

- Supplied with microphone (3M long)

Voice Dialing[​IMG]
    The DNX525DAB will allow the voice dialing feature found on most smartphones to work through Bluetooth.

This features depends on the capabilities of your particular smartphone.

Music Streaming[​IMG]
    Easily stream music from your phone or other Bluetooth devices directly to the DNX525DAB. Functions such as track name display and track back and forwards are also available.

HDMI, MHL Smartphone/Tab Screen Mirroring & iPod/iPhone, USB
    Plug and play your favourite device and your car instantly becomes a concert hall

MHL Android Mirroring & HDMI Apple Mirroring
    One of the most exciting features of the DNX525DAB is the inclusion of Kenwood's unique 'True Mirroring' function. True mirroring allows your favourite apps to be enjoyed in your vehicle via ya compatible smartphone (Apple/Android). Almost all apps can be displayed in this way and certain android applications can even be controlled via the touch screen!

[​IMG]

When linked in via True Mirroring you can enjoy the likes of, YouTube, BBC iPlayer, 4oD and TV Catchup Live TV app. What’s more, True Mirroring allows you even more navigation options with access to apps like Nav free, Google Maps, Garmin, AroundMe or Citymapper, the choice is virtually endless.

These lead kits are available from your local Volkswagen, SEAT, Škoda and Volkswagen Vehicles Commercial Dealership as a optional extra.

iPod/iPhone Playback[​IMG]
    Searching for music or a movie title is easy via the touch panel. In addition to conventional searches for playlists, artists, albums and genres, additional search commands can also be performed for music videos, TV shows, movies, video playlists, etc.

NB: Video playback is only available when the handbrake is applied. When using iPhone5/5C/5S/6/6+ due to the phones capabilities it is not possible to playback videos.

Optional iPod/iPhone lead required via your vehicle retailer.

USB Music Connection[​IMG]
    Portable memory devices make it possible to create and store compilations of your favourite music and bring them into the car for easy connection and playback via the USB (Universal Serial Bus).

Searching for a track, album, artist or playlist is possible by using the category list function.

Compatible File Formats:
    JPEG, MP3, WMA, WVA, AAC, WMV

2. BigH

BigH Member

United Kingdom
    Hi all,
    Anyone fitted one of these yet?
    I should have trawled the posts before I asked about deck recommendations...
    I'm learning :rolleyes:
    Cheers
    H

3. Dan

Dan Forum Teaboy Staff Member Amarok OC Member Top Contributor

United Kingdom
    I had the version before factory fitted (or dealer fitted rather). Mint stereo and loads better sound than the standard ones.

4. BigH

BigH Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks Dan,
    I've pulled the trigger on this one, got a good deal from someone I know in the trade.
    Bought the matching safety camera also, looks good too but need to figure out how to fit one in the back too.
    Will have to fit it myself but its part of a larger planned system.
    Found a great sub package also, I'll post the findings once the rest of my dynamat arrives.
    Just planning the amp locations and cable routing....nightmare!
    Many hours trying to cram my tall frame into spaces they aint designed to go!
    Cheers bud
    H
    :)

5. BigH

BigH Member

United Kingdom
    PS, as an afterthought.....
    I've got an iphone 5 sitting unused so will jailbreak it and run it with the Kenny for google maps.
    I'll let you know!

6. Scrub

Scrub Top Contributor

Australia
    G’day H, mate does this unit still allow the use of parking sensors & existing VW revers camera?
    Cheers

7. BenRok001

BenRok001 New Member

United Kingdom
    I have the same unit in mine fitted with front and rear sensors (factory fitted) and works well.
    My only comment is that the apple play is really temperamental!

8. Scrub

Scrub Top Contributor

Australia
    Cheers matey I will take your comments in to consideration. Do yo by any chance know of the model used in the V6 as this has Apple play also

The above are discussion posts about 'Volkswagen Amarok Kenwood DNX525DAB Radio Entertainment System - Features and Installation'. You're welcome to reply to them if the thread is open.