1. Thanks for visiting VWAmarokForum.net; the international forum for the Amarok Owners Club and all Amarok owners. We've noticed you are not logged in, perhaps take a minute to register for free, or login if you already have an account. wink

2. Advertise with the VW Amarok Forum for as little as £50 GBP ($65 USD / $82 AUD) PER YEAR. 3,000+ Registered Amarok Owners, and hundreds of thousands of monthly visitors. 22,700+ Facebook page users. View where our users originate from HERE.

3. Please quickly help us find out where most of our readers come from. Vote on this poll. If your location isn't listed, please add it. CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Dismiss Notice

Register or login to remove the above ad

V6 Amarok

Discussion in 'UK Amarok' started by Hobbz, Jul 5, 2017.

Discuss V6 Amarok in the UK Amarok area at VWAmarokForum.net

1. Hobbz

Hobbz Member

United Kingdom
    Back to the dealers again, engine racing away (1000 rpm) eveyday now getting to be big problem when in "D" (2172 miles on clock) has anybody had a similar ???

Amarok[1].jpg

2. Frederick Rosseel

Frederick Rosseel Amarok OC Member Top Contributor

Belgium
    Omg, :(:(:(:(:(

3. Cynic-al

Cynic-al Well-Known Member

United Kingdom
    Mine usually idles at around 650 but sometimes goes upto 850. I assume when it's doing a regen. It's nearly caught me out a few times in traffic as it really pushes on and you really have to stand on the brakes hard. I can only imagine what 1000 rpm is like. How I long to be back in a manual :/

Upto maybe 3700 miles so far and it started moaning at me for adblue 1500 miles before it was empty which is pretty annoying.

4. Hobbz

Hobbz Member

United Kingdom
    Its a real pain in traffic or going down hill, and VW say its within limits.. it is doing a Regen every other day. Very disappointed with the dealer and VW responce.

5. Cynic-al

United Kingdom
    Yeah I've fallen out with vw UK too and I've only had the thing a few months. You think your paying from a premium product añd service but your nothing but an inconvenience to them. I should've stuck with isuzu, I got on really well with them and the trucks a fraction of the price.

6. Hobbz

Hobbz Member

United Kingdom
    Is a great pick up with loads of power and quiet but In 5 months (2200 miles) it's been back to the dealership 4 times -
    Parking sensors failed
    Replaced steering wheel
    Replaced centre console
    Replaced bracket (near air filter)
    Engine Rpm sticking.
    DPF faults
    In 15 years of owning 3 different Hilux pick ups not once did any of them have any warranty work.

7. Cynic-al

United Kingdom
    I'm doing better than you then I haven't had anything go wrong as of yet. Agree it's very quiet and comfortable and very powerful and I love it being wider than the others but vw commercial UK I'm afraid just don't back it up.

I've had 2 Ford's (mazda) which had to have bits and pieces done and 2 isuzus which never needed anything. Let's see how the vw goes but if anything goes wrong I don't have any faith in vw UK to do anything.

The above are discussion posts about 'V6 Amarok'. You're welcome to reply to them if the thread is open.