1. Thanks for visiting VWAmarokForum.net; the international forum for the Amarok Owners Club and all Amarok owners. We've noticed you are not logged in, perhaps take a minute to register for free, or login if you already have an account. wink

2. Please quickly help us find out where most of our readers come from. Vote on this poll. If your location isn't listed, please add it. CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Dismiss Notice

Register or login to remove the above ad

New Forum and Website Update!

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems, News, and Site Feedback' started by Paul Henton PJH HGV Ltd, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Paul Henton PJH HGV Ltd

Paul Henton PJH HGV Ltd Top Contributor

United Kingdom
    Brill new site ..

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dan

Dan Forum Teaboy Staff Member Amarok OC Member Top Contributor

United Kingdom
    Glad you like it.

Just have some issues related to images and things. But I'll sort them out in a bit.

I'll hang around on here a lot more now too. Could be in the market for another amarok soon. :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. coppergrease

coppergrease Amarok OC Member

Can I strongly suggest you enable an SSL certificate for the site to protect folks passwords and protect us all from "man in the middle" issues. As your web developer, it should be bread and butter to him.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dan

United Kingdom
    It's something we'll sort out eventually.

But to be honest, the data you provide on here isn't worthy of anybody specifically targeting us.

You post openly your amarok colours and things nobody needs to find that kinda stuff out some other way.

And if you enable two-step authentication for logging in nobody can login as you just by having your password.

Then just make sure you don't use the same password on here as anywhere else.

The forum should mostly work using https:// - We use CloudFlare.com as part of our protection systems, and they're very very good. We have flexible SSL. The only thing is (and I said this somewhere earlier) when you visit the forum using https:// - our images don't load.

Our style is loading from http:// - So I just need to sort that out.

But don't worry about it too much. We're not facebook. Nobody wants your data from here. It's worthless.

5. Tricky Dicky

Tricky Dicky Top Contributor

United Kingdom
    This is great, was really worried that the Forum would collapse with the spammers. Mentioned the problem to Dave at BVR when I went for my Major Service. Looking forward to enjoying an unspoilt relevant Amarok Forum

• Like Like x 2
  6. geargrinder

geargrinder Staff Member Amarok OC Member Top Contributor

United Kingdom
    It has taken a while to clear it all up!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dan

United Kingdom
    I got a bit sidetracked with my main forums. I'll be around now though. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dan

United Kingdom
  9. coppergrease

coppergrease Amarok OC Member

See, it was easy... ;) It protects folks who don't realise their passwords need to be special for an unsecure site. I must admit I have never posted too much about my Amarok on the site because it is a car thief dream, to find a site that gives you a local neighbourhood, colour, age and model of a potential target vehicle. Amaroks aren't really as hot for that kind of thing, I'm from a Series Landrover background, they have a theft problem... but it's an easy security thing that really should be in place on all sites, especially ones with user contributions. If they want in, they will get in, it's just about making yourself stronger than the weakest alternative target.

Ta Muchly!

Rob

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Paul Henton PJH HGV Ltd

Paul Henton PJH HGV Ltd Top Contributor

United Kingdom
    Iv learnt so mutch on this keep up the good work

• Like Like x 1
  11. geargrinder

geargrinder Staff Member Amarok OC Member Top Contributor

United Kingdom
    Insecure is perhaps the wrong word there lol nobody was ever getting in the website. I assure you.

12. Nicholasfry1972

Nicholasfry1972 New Member

loving the new look! keep up the good work!:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Shortie

Shortie Amarok OC Member

Iraq
    Dan, its looking good mate. Thanks for looking after it!

• Like Like x 1