1. Thanks for visiting VWAmarokForum.net; the international forum for the Amarok Owners Club and all Amarok owners. We've noticed you are not logged in, perhaps take a minute to register for free, or login if you already have an account. wink

2. Advertise with the VW Amarok Forum for as little as £50 GBP ($65 USD / $82 AUD) PER YEAR. 3,000+ Registered Amarok Owners, and hundreds of thousands of monthly visitors. 22,700+ Facebook page users. View where our users originate from HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Please quickly help us find out where most of our readers come from. Vote on this poll. If your location isn't listed, please add it. CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Dismiss Notice

Register or login to remove the above ad

20" Hub Adaptors or bolt adaptors???

Discussion in 'VW Amarok Wheels and Tyres' started by momo, Oct 11, 2017.

Discuss Hub Adaptors or bolt adaptors??? in the VW Amarok Wheels and Tyres area at VWAmarokForum.net

1. momo

momo Top Contributor

South Africa
    Ok so I bought the landrover discovery4 HSE sport 20" 10 spoke split wheels and conti cross contact 255/50/20 tyres. Wheels went for a paint job and are now satin black.

Problem I'm faced with now is bolt adaptors are not available here in South Africa. I could order it of EBay or if someone on here could have them posted to me. An option for me here is a set of wheel adaptors which will convert the hub into accepting nuts like the wheel is meant to take. These hub adaptors are available in 25mm and 30mm thickness. With the wheel having a 53mm offset would I still need to use an 8mm spacer to correct the offset or would it be fine without it?

All advice and opinions welcome
    Bolt adaptors or hub adaptors,spacers or no spacers????

I really need to have these wheels put on ASAP so please assist

2. momo

momo Top Contributor

South Africa
    ad_1507214019692.jpg Screenshot_2017-10-11-22-43-03.png Pic of wheels and hub adaptor quotation

3. J@mes

[email protected] Amarok OC Member Top Contributor

United Kingdom
    I had discovery 4 alloys (19") on my Amarok and just used the bolt conversion and hub adaptors to change the centre bore - didn't need any spacers to clear the brakes as they are tiny on the Rok anyway, and they fitted fine.

4. momo

momo Top Contributor

South Africa
    I see there are 2 sizes in the adaptor bolts which would be the correct one? Anyone on here can post to SA?

5. momo

momo Top Contributor

South Africa
    Finally they're on now just to get center caps .... IMG_20171020_132356.jpg IMG_20171020_132356.jpg

The above are discussion posts about 'Hub Adaptors or bolt adaptors???'. You're welcome to reply to them if the thread is open.