1. Thanks for visiting VWAmarokForum.net; the international forum for the Amarok Owners Club and all Amarok owners. We've noticed you are not logged in, perhaps take a minute to register for free, or login if you already have an account. wink

2. Please quickly help us find out where most of our readers come from. Vote on this poll. If your location isn't listed, please add it. CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Dismiss Notice

Register or login to remove the above ad

Flange Tow Bar

Discussion in 'VW Amarok Towing' started by Kashsoor, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Kashsoor

Kashsoor Active Member

Evening all,

Been wanting to change my tow bar from the factory Westfalia swan neck to a flange bar for a while now.

A quick forum search pointed me in the direction of the Witter bar however the Witter is only rated at 2800kg towing weight compared to the Westfalia 3200kg.

Does anyone know of an Amarok flange tow bar rated to 3200kg?

https://www.westfalia-automotive.com/en/product-overview/towbar/vw-amarok-1/321831600001-777/

http://www.witter-towbars.co.uk/product_review.php?towbarVehicleId=2210&&regDate=04/06/14

2. Tyrefitter

Tyrefitter Amarok OC Member

I'm having a towbar fitted on Friday to my truck & it's a friend who owns the towbar company & he said you can only fit the swan neck type if you wanted to pull 3200,,all the others are 2800.

Andy

3. orion

orion Staff Member Amarok OC Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kashsoor

Kashsoor Active Member

5. Tyrefitter

6. speedy_un

speedy_un Well-Known Member

Why is the swan neck version able to pull a heavier load?

7. Tyrefitter

The swan neck is 3200 same as the tow trust one..why hasn't someone brought one out that pulls 3500,,all the other trucks pull 3500 & my dealer told me the rok can pull 3500 unless he doesn't know what he's on about.

Andy

8. Tyrefitter

Ive just been on the fone with my towbar man & he has got me a flange bar that pulls 3200,,its not the towtrust one but ill take some pics on fri when fitted.He says people struggle to get bars that actually tow the max 3500 they are mostly just under,but like he says its only a sticker on bar with weight on it & they eventually come off in time (or with power wash).

Andy

9. Kashsoor

Kashsoor Active Member

Look forward to seeing it
    There must be a limitation somewhere with the Amarok tow limit, if I need to tow that heavy a load I would use my Defender (if it starts) or do what I can to get the weight down

10. Skyworm

Skyworm Well-Known Member

11. Skyworm

Skyworm Well-Known Member

Check out my post 'Westfalia flange towbar', not sure how to put it here, but it's a flange towbar rated at 3200 kg , all the info including part numbers and ratings are there. Cost about £80 and just replaces the swan neck using the same brackets and bolts etc

12. Tyrefitter

Here's a few pics of my flange towbar,my mate who fitted it today tells me it's lower than the swan neck as he has been getting customers complaining about the swanneck being too high for towing.This is also rated at 3200kg
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

13. EdwardB

EdwardB Member

Looks good. Do you know what make this is or where you got it from

14. Tyrefitter

The make is Brink & a friend of mine supplied & fitted it who has his own Towbar business

Andy