1. Thanks for visiting VWAmarokForum.net; the international forum for the Amarok Owners Club and all Amarok owners. We've noticed you are not logged in, perhaps take a minute to register for free, or login if you already have an account. wink

2. Advertise with the VW Amarok Forum for as little as £50 GBP ($65 USD / $82 AUD) PER YEAR. 3,000+ Registered Amarok Owners, and hundreds of thousands of monthly visitors. 22,700+ Facebook page users. View where our users originate from HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Please quickly help us find out where most of our readers come from. Vote on this poll. If your location isn't listed, please add it. CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Dismiss Notice

Register or login to remove the above ad

Contaminated. Fuel in the Ozz outback

Discussion in 'General Chat - Car-related' started by NOMADROK, Aug 28, 2017.

Discuss Contaminated. Fuel in the Ozz outback in the General Chat - Car-related area at VWAmarokForum.net

1. NOMADROK

NOMADROK Active Member

Australia
    I am currently in Weipa (Cape York pen) and have been for 5 weeks waiting parts to rebuild the fuel system on my 0/11 Rock. Fuel was purchased at the general store in Normanton last month and it is confirmed as having an excessive quantity of 'add blue' which i understand is some form of fuel/tank cleaner used by distriubtors. I have travelled throughout the ouback for about 45 years and make the following comments for consideration- Ensure you join a 'support system eg. R.A.C. total care' as this will give you the accommodation cover and your choice of where your vehicle is repaired including transport to your home. Understand the above deals only with a breakdown and not an accident. There is no way of ensuring all fuel is pure. However fuel purchased from truck stops or high traffic centres should be good. Remote repair centres DO NOT have the expertise to deal with major ROCK.breakdowns, and I suggest having the vehicle!e relocated to the nearest large regional town. Also check your insurance policy regarding cover against contaminated fuel. Among the spares you carry include a fuel filter.Trust this is of interest. Regards. NOMADROCK -- Allan. M

The above are discussion posts about 'Contaminated. Fuel in the Ozz outback'. You're welcome to reply to them if the thread is open.