1. Thanks for visiting VWAmarokForum.net; the international forum for the Amarok Owners Club and all Amarok owners. We've noticed you are not logged in, perhaps take a minute to register for free, or login if you already have an account. wink

2. Please quickly help us find out where most of our readers come from. Vote on this poll. If your location isn't listed, please add it. CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Dismiss Notice

Register or login to remove the above ad

"Check Safelock" has appeared in my MFD..what the hell is a Safelock???

Discussion in 'Electrical, Wiring and Lighting' started by Mr Possum, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Mr Possum

Mr Possum Well-Known Member

Took the bus for a run today, always lots of fun. Refuled and after leaving service station had a code appear in my MFD...."Check Safelock" What the hell is my safe lock??
    I've checked all doors, bonnet and transmission buttons etc but code remains. Left message with my dealer but no reply so far.

Anyone have an idea???

Mr Possum

2. Mr Possum

Mr Possum Well-Known Member

Well ain't Google your best friend.........After posting the above question I decided to Google it too to see if anyone else has had this problem.

Well as it transpires,....many of us have. And not just with Roks but with T4 vans, Scoda's etc!!!

It's a code that appears out of the blue to let the driver know to......get this....NOT lock his passengers in the back when he presses the remote lock button!!!!
    Awwwwwwww, now aint that just the most courteous thing you ever.....etc???
    VW of course failed to notify anyone, not even their dealers.....it's not even in the bloody owners manual...Pffffffft.

I suppose it beats the Australian built car code......."Hey bastard!!! wot about the blokes in the back"!

Mr Possum...heading back to his tree hole for a nap!

• Like Like x 5
  3. BlackAmarok

BlackAmarok Guest

HAHAHA gold.... thanks! I havnt seen it yet, but when i do there will be less confusioin

4. Cygnets1

Cygnets1 Amarok OC Member

Just seen this thread, thanks useful info and good to know.
    I have been wondering what it was about too for the last couple of weeks, didnt even get round to looking in the book, but dont remember noticing anything about it.
    Now I know.
    I do find it a pain though, as I log my mileage and have to wait for "Check Safelock" to stop scrolling across before the odometer reading flashes up.

5. belsize

belsize Guest

well, I learn something new every day and this one may just be usful as well. thanks for the post

6. JAKE BULLIT

JAKE BULLIT Amarok OC Member

Page 39[​IMG]

7. Redbaron

Redbaron Amarok OC Member

Well Jake you have done what I would have. Gents it is explaned in the owners manual. If not in yours, maybe it was not meant for you.

It is absolutly amazing how our fellow Rokker is there to help each other.

kind regards

8. Dan

Dan Forum Teaboy Staff Member Amarok OC Member Top Contributor

United Kingdom
    I think it's just when you start it isn't it?