1. Thanks for visiting VWAmarokForum.net; the international forum for the Amarok Owners Club and all Amarok owners. We've noticed you are not logged in, perhaps take a minute to register for free, or login if you already have an account. wink

2. Advertise with the VW Amarok Forum for as little as £50 GBP ($65 USD / $82 AUD) PER YEAR. 3,000+ Registered Amarok Owners, and hundreds of thousands of monthly visitors. 22,700+ Facebook page users. View where our users originate from HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Please quickly help us find out where most of our readers come from. Vote on this poll. If your location isn't listed, please add it. CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Dismiss Notice

Register or login to remove the above ad

Changing RADIO in 2017 Highline

Discussion in 'Electrical, Wiring and Lighting' started by Mark123, Oct 9, 2017.

Discuss Changing RADIO in 2017 Highline in the Electrical, Wiring and Lighting area at VWAmarokForum.net

1. Mark123

Mark123 New Member

Australia
    Just bought a new Amarok Highline (Australia) - was told in writing by the sales guy that it came standard with a DAB radio. When i picked it up it only had an AM/FM radio.

Dealer tells me that VW Aust Head office says its impossible to fit a factory DAB unit (the one that comes on the next model up) as the car is locked to the head unit. Sounds like BS to me.

Would anyone have any experience on this, and maybe explain why it wont work.

Thanks
    Mark

2. maherie

maherie Active Member

Australia
    I find it hard to believe, surly it would be plug and play. Obviously you'd need to have an additional antenna... but that should be easy enough to fit.

3. Arild

Arild New Member

Norway
    Yes it is BS.

4. HarryXXL

HarryXXL Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi, witch radio do you have, witch model?
    Does is have the option dab and not the antenna or it even haven t the option?

5. SamSam88

SamSam88 New Member

Australia
    The DAB only comes on German built Amaroks. Argentina built Amarok miss out on DAB and the start/stop feature as well as Adblue. To be honest with you, the DAB in the Amarok is a real problem. It keeps dropping out. VW is telling me it is the reception in the city I live (Adelaide Australia).. funny how every other ute/car with DAB isn't having reception issues though. The car is utterly brilliant other than the continuous reception cutting out. Hope this helps mate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Reinhold

Reinhold New Member

Australia
    Hi Mark,
    I have a 2016 model Amarok Highline that I ordered in December 2016 expecting a 6 month wait, so insisted on 2017 build.
    I got delivery in April 2017 and my car does have DAB radio, Adblue (I had no idea it had that until my first refuel) and the dam stop/start feature SamSam88 listed in his post. I am delighted to read that it was probably built in Germany. I am in Adelaide as well and purchased my vehicle from Southern VW. The only thing I have learned about VW is that you don't necessarily get what they promise you.

7. maherie

maherie Active Member

Australia
    Yeah it's a stitch up. 50/50 on what you get... I'm loving mine but I'm thinking of changing my stereo over, but I'm yet to find one I like the look of.

8. Frederick Rosseel

Frederick Rosseel Amarok OC Member Top Contributor

Belgium
    i've got also DAB in my rokv6,
    be aware that not every radio sender has DAB, (in belgium)

The above are discussion posts about 'Changing RADIO in 2017 Highline'. You're welcome to reply to them if the thread is open.