1. Thanks for visiting VWAmarokForum.net; the international forum for the Amarok Owners Club and all Amarok owners. We've noticed you are not logged in, perhaps take a minute to register for free, or login if you already have an account. wink

2. Advertise with the VW Amarok Forum for as little as £50 GBP ($65 USD / $82 AUD) PER YEAR. 3,000+ Registered Amarok Owners, and hundreds of thousands of monthly visitors. 22,700+ Facebook page users. View where our users originate from HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Please quickly help us find out where most of our readers come from. Vote on this poll. If your location isn't listed, please add it. CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Dismiss Notice

Register or login to remove the above ad

Cat warning light and engine management light

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Amarok Mechanical' started by fireheed, Apr 19, 2016.

Discuss Cat warning light and engine management light in the Volkswagen Amarok Mechanical area at VWAmarokForum.net

1. fireheed

fireheed Amarok OC Member

United Kingdom
    Right tonight driving home my engine management light came on, I pulled over switched the Rok off and restarted and ok. In a short while the catalytic warning light came on and engine management light is flashing. I've had the car off and on again and the battery disconnected but still the same. I'll try and get it read and reset tomorrow and see how it pans out.
    Anyone else had any similar issues?

Cheers in advance.

Mike

2. fireheed

United Kingdom
    OK I had it read and it's saying exhaust gas temp sensor no1 bank 1.
    So the question is what one is that?

3. OBVS

OBVS Amarok OC Member

United Kingdom
    Sensor 1 is normally the first, mounted in the manifold. The way I normally clarify is if you unplug 1 at a time whilst reading faults, plugs are colour coded but normally have same component code (g235 or similar). I'd recommend not leaving so DPF can't overload, and make regeneration more difficult.

4. fireheed

United Kingdom
    Don't worry about the DPF it's long gone! Lol
    The thing drives OK and no obvious issues bit want to get it sorted for peace of mind.

5. OBVS

OBVS Amarok OC Member

United Kingdom
    In that case it could be logging it as its above the threshold it would normally see with DPF or a faulty sensor. If it doesn't have DPF then no reason to replace the sensor, and speak to the company that DPF delete as they will be able to stop that fault code bringing in warning lights. It's there just to monitor temperatures for regeneration purposes.

6. fireheed

United Kingdom
    The car will need the temp for more than just the DPF, cat too remember.
    The map will remove the actual DPF sensors.
    Don't worry I've been in touch with Dave and he has been very promo and helpful from the off. Another big thumbs up for BVR.

• Like Like x 1
  7. fireheed

United Kingdom
    Chances are th sensor is faulty so I'll replace it and be done with it. I just want it too be the one just after the big turbo on top of the exhaust pre DPF.

8. Graeme

Graeme Member

United States
    Hello, I have the same, Engine light comes on. I have an OBD reader and its saying 'Fault Code: (P2196) O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Rich bank1 Sensor1'.
    My OBD also reads voltage of that sensor and it is showing a flat 0.1volts and does not change, as far as im aware it should read between 0.1v and 0.9v, but should generally be around 0.4v or 0.5v. I just had the truck MOT'd and garage cleared fault and cleaned sensor (I had done the same previously only to have the light come on 100 miles down the road.
    I plan to change the sensor as for me it looks like the sensor is at fault however the garage mentioned to my wife that it could be the DPF, I find this unlikely as it had only done 40k miles and is regularly run quite hard so DPF should regen, plus the DPF has its own sensor to indicate blockage.
    Just wondering what the outcome of yours was as it sounds similar.
    Also anyone got any experiance of DPF delete, does it need a remap if I knock the ceramics out the DPF?
    Thanks in advance.

The above are discussion posts about 'Cat warning light and engine management light'. You're welcome to reply to them if the thread is open.