1. Thanks for visiting VWAmarokForum.net; the international forum for the Amarok Owners Club and all Amarok owners. We've noticed you are not logged in, perhaps take a minute to register for free, or login if you already have an account. wink

2. Advertise with the VW Amarok Forum for as little as £50 GBP ($65 USD / $82 AUD) PER YEAR. 3,000+ Registered Amarok Owners, and hundreds of thousands of monthly visitors. 22,700+ Facebook page users. View where our users originate from HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Please quickly help us find out where most of our readers come from. Vote on this poll. If your location isn't listed, please add it. CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Dismiss Notice

Register or login to remove the above ad

Amarok Rear Brakes Sticking

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Amarok Mechanical' started by hotpasty, Jul 19, 2017.

Discuss Amarok Rear Brakes Sticking in the Volkswagen Amarok Mechanical area at VWAmarokForum.net

1. hotpasty

hotpasty Active Member

United Kingdom
    Help please folks. Rear brake drum running red hot.
    I've stripped it down and believe the root cause to be a sticking handbrake cable.
    1. Is it a simple job to replace the cable? is it worth replacing both cables at the same time?
    2. I found the self adjuster ratchet to be loose (see photos ), should there be a spring holding it in? WP_20170719_001[1].jpg WP_20170719_003[1].jpg

2. Volkarok

Volkarok Amarok OC Member Top Contributor

Australia
    The flush screw needs to be taken out, but there are also two threaded holes. Pick two bolts with the correct thread and progressively screw them in, and the drum will ease off.

3. Volkarok

Volkarok Amarok OC Member Top Contributor

Australia
    Yes, there should be a spring.

4. Max H

Max H Member

Sweden
    What size is that screw? Have to take my brakes apart.. same reason as you. Gonna change brake shoes and the cables.

The above are discussion posts about 'Amarok Rear Brakes Sticking'. You're welcome to reply to them if the thread is open.