1. Thanks for visiting VWAmarokForum.net; the international forum for the Amarok Owners Club and all Amarok owners. We've noticed you are not logged in, perhaps take a minute to register for free, or login if you already have an account. wink

2. Advertise with the VW Amarok Forum for as little as £50 GBP ($65 USD / $82 AUD) PER YEAR. 3,000+ Registered Amarok Owners, and hundreds of thousands of monthly visitors. 22,700+ Facebook page users. View where our users originate from HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Please quickly help us find out where most of our readers come from. Vote on this poll. If your location isn't listed, please add it. CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Dismiss Notice

Register or login to remove the above ad

Amarok Lease questions

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Amarok Leasing' started by RokD, Jul 17, 2017.

Discuss Amarok Lease questions in the Volkswagen Amarok Leasing area at VWAmarokForum.net

1. RokD

RokD Member

United Kingdom
    This is the first car I've ever leased. Hoping someone could help me out. Sorry if they are stupid questions.

• I have paid for 8k miles per year. I have done just under 7k in a year. Will I get any money back after my term if I hand the truck back with well under the mileage allowance? Obviously if I go over they charge me.

• Has anyone extended their lease before? For example taken 2 years, but decided to extend for another year. Does the monthly payment go down as it's not brand new anymore and obviously depreciation etc?

I'd love the new 3.0 V6 but at the moment it's out of my price range. The current lease was such a good deal, I snapped it up.

Also, I'd be interested if anyone has had good experiences with certain companies for leasing Amaroks at a good price?

TIA.

2. Dan

Dan Forum Teaboy Staff Member Amarok OC Member Top Contributor

United Kingdom
    No and probably not no.

They're in it to make money mate. Shop around anually like with insurance if it's an annual thing you're on.

Usually 3-year I must be honest.

3. RokD

RokD Member

United Kingdom
    That's a shame. I was hoping to bring my costs down a bit. I'd hate to hand her back :(

4. Dan

United Kingdom
    If you'd have quoted 7 and done 7 you might have saved but I doubt they reduce much.

You did well being under. They want you do more.

Can you not try for 3 years and get a much better monthly price?

5. Dan

United Kingdom
    I have a contact in van leasing if you want to enquire regarding a longer lease but they don't do less than 3 years.

You should get the option to buy it after and if you don't I will lol they end up cheap cheap.

6. RokD

RokD Member

United Kingdom
    Yeah I think for the next lease I will do it over 3 at 7k to get a better deal. I currently pay under £300 a month. Hopefully the V6 would come down in price a bit in the next year or 2. I see one most days and I'm so envious. Plus I've read on here how happy people are with the new engine.

The above are discussion posts about 'Amarok Lease questions'. You're welcome to reply to them if the thread is open.