1. Thanks for visiting VWAmarokForum.net; the international forum for the Amarok Owners Club and all Amarok owners. We've noticed you are not logged in, perhaps take a minute to register for free, or login if you already have an account. wink

2. Advertise with the VW Amarok Forum for as little as £50 GBP ($65 USD / $82 AUD) PER YEAR. 3,000+ Registered Amarok Owners, and hundreds of thousands of monthly visitors. 22,700+ Facebook page users. View where our users originate from HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Please quickly help us find out where most of our readers come from. Vote on this poll. If your location isn't listed, please add it. CLICK HERE TO VOTE.

Dismiss Notice

Register or login to remove the above ad

Amarok 1st service

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Amarok Servicing' started by laserman, Oct 3, 2017.

Discuss Amarok 1st service in the Volkswagen Amarok Servicing area at VWAmarokForum.net

1. laserman

laserman Member

United Kingdom
    Hi there,
    My high line auto was new in January '16.Its covered 15500 miles and the service indicator says it has 9500 miles to go until it's 1st service.
    25k miles seems very high for a 1st service.My local VW van centre says it does not need serviced until the indicator says so!
    Any advice would be appreciated.Cheers

2. J@mes

[email protected] Amarok OC Member Top Contributor

United Kingdom
    Had mine done at 24K miles/ 2 years old - and even then it was only a £130 oil/filter change! Next one was done at 35K/4 years old - that was a killer as the cambelt is due at 4 years :(

3. laserman

laserman Member

United Kingdom
    Thanks James,I think I'll get it done at 2 years old irrespective of mileage.Very reasonable at £130.Thanks

4. Kippie

Kippie Member

Australia
    The UK service intervals are huge compared to the ones in Australia. Mine has service intervals of 15k km (9.4k miles?) or 12 months.

5. Rob Hambly

Rob Hambly Active Member

United Kingdom
    Yes big service intervals . Just had a big 70.000 mile service with cam belt as my amarok is 4 years old stinger ,but needs to be done . The mechanic at volkswagen said to me that he would recommend to have a oil change at every 10/15.000 miles . To help the engines as vw engines are bloody expensive. If they go wrong .

6. Cynic-al

Cynic-al Amarok OC Member Top Contributor

United Kingdom
    I was told the same by the dealer. Wait until it asks for a service, I like to change oil regularly so might get an oil change at a year.

That said it's done 6k miles and the oil is right on the bottom of the dipstick so maybe it's doing it's own oil change.. .

The above are discussion posts about 'Amarok 1st service'. You're welcome to reply to them if the thread is open.